This course has been developed to complete the Distech Controls Applications & Controllers Certification Program. This in-class training introduces and describes key concepts and knowledge about Distech Controls applications and controllers using the EC-Net software, and provides the hands-on opportunities needed to firmly establish the proficiency required in today's competitive marketplace. Features related to both LONWORKS-based (ECL) and BACnet-based (ECB and ECLYPSE) programmable controllers are covered in an easy and convenient method to provide the needed requirements to complete the Certification Program with confidence.
As part of this course, the Certification Program also includes a pre-requisite e-Training presentation (email to be sent out 7-10 days prior to the class with instructions on downloading pre-requisite e-training) followed by a final examination that validates a working understanding of the key concepts and ensures Distech Controls Factory Certification. The pre-certification e-Training is available online on SmartTrack and must be completed prior to attending the classroom training.
- Discover where to find the information for downloads, updates and reference
- Troubleshoot common problems encountered while building applications
- Install specific files to and commission an EC-BOS
- Integrate with a Niagara 4 environment using EC-Net
- Navigate the EC-gfx Program user interface
- Create a program using the graphical programming interface (GPI), blocks, and tools of ECgfx Program
- Convert a program from LON to BACnet using the GFX conversion tool
- Use LONWORKS specific features to program an ECL series (32-bit) controller
- Use BACnet specific features to program an ECB series (32-bit) and an ECLYPSE controller
- Build an interactive graphic using the ENVYSION graphics suite
- Operate Distech's latest ECL-/ECB-series controllers with LCD interface
- Operate peripheral devices such as an EC-Smart-Vue, Open-to-Wireless, and discrete sensors
- Modify an existing pre-engineered program
- Use the graphical interface for VAV pre-loaded applications
- Configure Smart Room Control (SRC) functionality
- Network and Systems integrators
- Operations and maintenance engineers
- Energy management specialists
- Building automation systems installers
- Application Engineers
- Niagara AX or N4 Certification
- e-Training #601 (online access is provided with #6001 registration) with a minimum of 70% on final exam
- Software (EC-Net and EC-gfx Program) pre-installed
- Latest Support Pack / Productivity Enhancement Tools pre-installed
- Each student is required to have a Windows 7/8/10 laptop with admin rights, including the ability to turn off the Windows firewall and to download/install software
- Students are expected to have a functional working knowledge of Windows and computers, including: understanding navigation, locating files, folder structures, file paths, browser basics, cut/copy/paste, and using a mouse/keyboard (right/left click) in order to be successful in this class.
Class Logistics Notes:
Please note that the training will still take place from 8:00-5:00 pm Monday through Friday (Friday students will be done when the test is completed). Students should be in a distraction free environment to make sure that they are able to focus during the session. We encourage the students to occasionally use their webcam if possible to allow for better interaction and communication in the virtual environment (though this is not a requirement!). Please do not hesitate to ask questions during the class! This can be done using the Chat or Q&A Panels in the training software or verbally.